Current Career Opportunities
Provides support to customers by troubleshooting issues with hardware and software device issues, customer service to customers, overseeing proper procedure documentation and implementation for Customer Service Reps, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides technical support to customers by troubleshooting issues with hardware and software device issues, home and roaming voice, SMS, MMS, and both 3G and 4G LTE data problems for all market areas and CVW resale devices.
- Required Knowledge of CDMA, EVDO, 3G, 4G LTE, 5G, Bluetooth, NFC, Wifi, GPS all as they relate to wireless services that would be provided by Copper Valley Wireless
- Provides support to customers by programing and testing phones and providing customers with instructions on proper use and care and assisting with learning how to use smart devices.
- Oversees proper procedure documentation and implementation for customer service reps and sales agents with customer activations, modifications, and deactivations in NISC SIS, SWAIN, ZTE, AAA, and Verizon RSSX, InterOp.
- Work with Customer Service, IT Manager, and vendor for the SWAIN database to assist with daily functions research errors; run tests for implementation of new features.
- Participates in ACG and LRA handset testing of new products, and software maintenance releases.
- Creates data sheets for new cell phone campaigns for use by customer service, managers, and marketing committee.
- Creates various reports as assigned including monthly cell site analysis, trouble ticket synopsis, and roaming revenue analysis.
- Troubleshoots wireless customer issues using experience with various manufacturer devices, knowledge of CVT network layout and operation characteristics, and network data collection tools.
- Assist Customer Service Supervisor with processing reports and communication with Fortegra ProtectCell product.
- Assists with PRL campaigns, handset device testing and product approval for new wireless devices.
- Occasionally assists CVLD technicians with internet trouble tickets, activations and service orders, technician callouts, and customer troubleshooting.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of wireless communications business.
- Knowledge of service areas, facilities, rate schedules, contracts, inventory, and wireless service functions.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in operating Microsoft applications including Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
- Ability to learn new or unfamiliar software applications.
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to convey technical knowledge in a manner understood by customers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, printer, fax machine, copier, shredder, and telephone systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to sit in front of a computer monitor and type or enter data for long periods of time.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field plus four years of experience in communications or other technical field and two years in Customer Service. An equivalent combination of college study and experience may also be accepted.
This factor measures the surroundings or physical conditions under which a job must be done and the extent to which those conditions make the job disagreeable. Consider the presence and relative amount of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.
Good working conditions with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
CVT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position requires satisfactory results of a background check and drug screen (including marijuana). Starting wage for this position is $22.18 per hour, may be negotiable based on job experience and/or education.
This position is based out of our Valdez, AK office. For more information click here. This position is open until filled and, if interested, we encourage applicants to apply early! Download application here.