Copper Valley Telephone Cooperative and its subsidiaries, including Copper Valley Long Distance, Copper Valley Wireless, and Copper Valley Solutions follow the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules for protecting customer information. We consider everything about your account and services, except for information found in the phone directory, to be private information and will not share it with anyone other than you without your written permission. In addition, we take further safeguards when you contact us directly to receive information about your account. Safeguards include:
- We will ask you for picture identification in person.
- We will ask you to provide a password if you contact us by phone.
- If you prefer not to use a password, we can call you back at the phone number of your account or mail your information to the billing address on your account (address needs to have been in effect for at least 30 days).
- We will send you notification when your billing address, password, secret question, or email address has been changed.
- We will only use information on your account for target marketing within our Copper Valley companies if you have not told us you wish to opt out of these campaigns. An annual opt-out card is mailed to all customers. You can also contact us at any time to opt out of these campaigns.
- We will not share your information with any 3rd party for marketing purposes.
If you choose to use a password, we encourage you to make sure that it meets the following criteria so that it is difficult to guess. Passwords should be a minimum of 8 characters long, including 3 numbers. For help with changing your password to meet these criteria, please contact a Customer Service Representative at 907.835.2231, 907.822.3551, or 1.800.478.6612.
How Copper Valley Telecom Collects Your Information
Copper Valley Telecom collects and processes information provided directly by you when you install the App and register for an account to use the App. Specifically, this information includes:
- Your name, email address, location, user’s phone or contact book data, user’s inventory of installed apps, and user’s screen recording;
- Browser information and session cookies related to your access and use of the App;
- Data insights Copper Valley Telecom attains based on correlation and analytics of your information collected in providing the App, which may be used in aggregated and dis-aggregated formats or to obtain trend analytics, to provide the App; and
- Use of the above-described collected information in aggregated and dis-aggregated formats to enhance our current App or to provide App features.
How Copper Valley Telecom Uses the Information
- Provide you with the App as described in the Agreement;
- Implement, improve and/or enhance the App, including to make future releases available to you;
- Enforce Copper Valley Telecom rights arising from the Agreement between you and Copper Valley Telecom; and
- Fulfill any other purpose authorized by you and reasonably required for the App.