Copper Valley Telephone Cooperative and its subsidiaries, including Copper Valley Long Distance, Copper Valley Wireless, and Copper Valley Solutions follow the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules for protecting customer information. We consider everything about your account and services, except for information found in the phone directory, to be private information and will not share it with anyone other than you without your written permission. In addition, we take further safeguards when you contact us directly to receive information about your account. Safeguards include:
- We will ask you for picture identification in person.
- We will ask you to provide a password if you contact us by phone.
- If you prefer not to use a password, we can call you back at the phone number of your account or mail your information to the billing address on your account (address needs to have been in effect for at least 30 days).
- We will send you notification when your billing address, password, secret question, or email address has been changed.
- We will only use information on your account for target marketing within our Copper Valley companies if you have not told us you wish to opt out of these campaigns. An annual opt-out card is mailed to all customers. You can also contact us at any time to opt out of these campaigns.
- We will not share your information with any 3rd party for marketing purposes.
If you choose to use a password, we encourage you to make sure that it meets the following criteria so that it is difficult to guess. Passwords should be a minimum of 8 characters long, including 3 numbers. For help with changing your password to meet these criteria, please contact a Customer Service Representative at 835-2231, 822-3551, or 1-800-478-6612.