What is eSIM?
An eSIM is a digital SIM that connects your device to the cellular network. Not all devices are eSIM capable. Please stop by or call 800.235.5414 to speak to a representative and find out if eSIM is an option for your device.
What are the benefits of eSIM?
An eSIM gives you more flexibility to manage your wireless plan and eSIM-compatible device.
- Activate your device quickly, easily, and in real time, without having to visit the store.
- Say goodbye to physical SIMs, which means no more lost SIM removal tools broken SIM trays, or missing SIM cards.
- Some devices can support dual SIM, meaning they are cable of having two phone numbers, and plans on one device.
How do I use eSIM?
To activate your eSIM device you will need to be connected to data over a Wi-Fi, and to have an eSIM QR code provided by Copper Valley Telecom. Visit one of our stores or give us a call at 800.235.5414 for more information.
Follow these steps to install your eSIM from a QR code:
- Open Settings and select Cellular.
- Choose Add cellular plan.
- Open and point your camera at the QR code on your eSIM activation card until you see “Installing cellular plan.”
Which iPhone models support eSIM?
iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, or later support eSIM. If you purchased an iPhone 14 or iPhone 14 Pro model, your iPhone does not have a physical SIM tray, and will only activate with an eSIM.
- Open Settings.
- Select Connections.
- Select SIM card manager.
- Select Add mobile plan.
- Follow the prompts to scan the QR code.
If you have an eSIM only iPhone 14 or iPhone 14 Pro model and you don’t have a Wi-Fi network, Apple has a new solution to activate your eSIM. During the Set Up process, you can choose to continue without Wi-Fi. This allows you to setup your new eSIM without Wi-Fi —at no cost to you.
At this time Samsung devices require Wi-Fi access for eSIM activation.
Yes! Any CVT customer can use eSIM so long as they have an eSIM capable device.
To activate a device purchased elsewhere, please visit our stores or give us a call at 800.235.5414 to speak to a customer service representative.
- Go to Settings > General, and tap About.
- Under Carrier Lock, you should see a message that says “No SIM restrictions.” If you don’t see that message, contact Copper Valley Telecom. \
- Go to Settings > Connections > Networks ( potentially Mobile Networks or Cellular Networks), and tap Network Operators.
- If a list of available networks appear, the phone is probably unlocked. (You may need to toggle off a Select Automatically option to see the list.)
Your devices lock status is not impacted by the use of an eSIM.
If your device with an active eSIM is lost or stolen, please call Copper Valley Telecom at 800.235.5414 and we will de-activate your eSIM for you.
If you delete your eSIM, your cellular plan has not been cancelled. To make any changes to your wireless plan, please call Copper Valley Telecom at 800.235.5414.
Copper Valley Telecom does not offer any specific tourist or traveler plans at this time that would allow for the use of eSIM.
Dual SIM allows users to use two phone numbers at the same time. For example, you can use one number for business and another number for personal. Or you can add a local data plan when you travel outside of the country or region.
You can learn more about Dual SIM with an eSIM here: support.apple.com/en-us/ HT209044