Copper Valley Telecom’s customer email provider upgraded the platform on October 20th. This upgrade makes the spam filter more convenient and easier to use than ever!
Your email account will automatically place potential spam into a junk folder. You can also manually move mail to the junk folder by selecting the message and then clicking the spam button on the toolbar at the top of the page.
Mail in the junk folder will be purged after 30 days. You can review your spam emails by clicking the junk folder icon from the dropdown folder menu.
If, upon review, you determine that an email is, in fact, not spam, then it’s as simple as selecting the message and clicking the not-spam button on the toolbar at the top of the page. This action will move the message back into your main inbox.
An additional new feature of the upgrade is a tool under your email preferences that allows you to block or allow specific email addresses easily.
The new spam filtering system will serve as a streamlined replacement for daily digest and edgewave tools on your email account.
We’ve included a helpful how-to guide below, but if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us via the chat icon in the lower right corner of this page or by giving us a call at 800.235.5414.
How to Mark an Email as Spam
- Select the message that you would like to move to the Junk folder.
- Click the Spam button on the toolbar.
You are also able to right-click on the message and select Mark as Spam from the dropdown menu.
The email will now be located in your Junk folder
How to Mark and Email as Not Spam
Sometimes messages that are not junk are placed in the Junk folder. You can move the messages to the appropriate folder in a number of ways: Select message and click Not Spam, or Right-clicking the message and selecting Mark as Not Spam, or drag the message to another folder.
- Select the message that you would like to remove from the Junk folder.
- Click the Not Spam button on the toolbar
You are also able to right-click on the message and select Mark as Not Spam from the dropdown menu.
You can even drag the message to another folder.
Once you’ve used any of these methods a confirmation message will appear at the top of the page notifying you that the message has been marked as not spam.
How to Empty the Junk Folder
The contents of your Junk folder will automatically be purged after 30 days, or you can choose to empty your Junk folder at any time.
- Right-click the Junk folder and select Empty Junk.
- Click OK.
How to Use the Spam Mail Options
If you notice that certain email addresses are always being incorrectly added to your Inbox or Junk folder, you can identify those addresses to block or not block.
- Go to the Preferences tab, then select Mail from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll to the Spam Mail Options section.
- In the Block messages from text box, enter email addresses that should always be treated as junk. You can list up to 100 addresses.If you wish to blacklist a whole email domain, enter in the domain.ext in the textbox. (eg, for email@example.com, you would enter spammail.com)
- In the Allow messages from text box, enter email addresses you trust that for some reason end up in your Junk folder, such as newsletters you subscribe to. Messages from these email addresses are never blocked. You can list up to 100 addresses.
- Click Save.